Down to Earth Construction Services in addition to providing construction and excavation services to our customers also provide other services including septic inspections. Today we have septic inspections for customers in West Bridgewater, Mansfield, Sharon, Canton and Norton MA. In Massachusetts a septic inspection is required in the following instances:
- Within 2 years before a sale. If weather conditions prevent inspection at the time of a sale, the inspection must take place within 6 months afterward.
- When there is a proposed change to the facility which requires a building or occupancy permit.
- Any change in the footprint of a building, to make sure that new building construction will not take place on top of any system components or on the system’s reserve area.
- For large systems with a design flow of 10,000 to 15,000 gallons per day or more at full build-out, on the basin schedule shown in 310 CMR 15.301(6), and every five years thereafter.
- Every 3 years for shared systems.
- When the property is divided, or ownership of 2 or more properties is combined.
- When MassDEP or the local Board of Health orders an inspection
For more information see: https://www.mass.gov/guides/buying-or-selling-property-with-a-septic-system
If you need to schedule a septic inspection or if you have questions about septic inspections please do contact us at our Norton Office on 508-622-5759 or visit http://www.downtoearthconst.com